Friday, June 8, 2012

Summary for this week

So I am moving toward weekly posts instead of posting daily.  My weeks will run Saturday to Friday, with weekly posts on Friday.  Here's the rundown:


Sat. 6/2: 197 minutes, 6 pages
Sun 6/3: day off, no writing
Mon. 6/4: 156 minutes, 6 pages
Tues. 6/5: 88 minutes, 4 pages
Wed. 6/6: 67 minutes, 4 pages
Thurs. 6/7: 35 minutes, 2 paragraphs (about 1.5 pages)
Fri. 6/8: 40 minutes, 3 paragraphs (about 1.5 pages)


TOTAL minutes spent writing new prose: 583 (that's nine solid hours and 43 minutes)
TOTAL number of pages written: 23


These are pretty good numbers and encouraging to me.  Plus, my first draft for my current project is finished!  Up next week will be the arduous process of revising and developing my ideas further.  Through writing the first draft, I have discovered a lot of gaps in my thinking and ideas I simply need to think more about and develop further.


I will be grading AP music theory exams next week so my writing/revising time will be quite limited, but my goal is to write/revise for a minimum of 15 minutes a day.



1 comment:

  1. Amazing how the individual minutes spent end up totaling such a large amount of time and lots of pages! Excellent job!!!

    ReplyDelete