Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 1

Today I started at 8:04 and ended at 9:05.  Instead of a word count, I am going for a solid hour of uninterrupted work at each session I have scheduled.  My goal was to start at 8:00 am, but I got aslightly later start than I wanted.  I look at today as a dry run of NaBeCreMo anyhow.  Still, I got a solid hour of work in.

What I accomplished:
  • I read and took notes on one source (I have maybe another 8 or so items to read to finish with this aspect of the project--my goal is tackle one at the beginning of each session until I have exhausted my bibliography)
  • I worked on fleshing out my analysis.  Without getting into too much detail in this post, I did a lot of work in the rhythm and meter section today, which needed it.
  • I started a detailed transcription of one of the songs I am analyzing.  I only transcribed 7 measures, but the rhythm is really difficult!
That's it for today.  I don't have a Tuesday session scheduled, so I will be back at it on Wednesday.

1 comment: