Wednesday, November 2, 2011

NaBeCreMo day 2

Today I spent the first 40 minutes of my session reading and taking notes from an important source.  That's more time on that than I would have liked to spend on this task (given I only had an hour), but reading the rest of the sources on my bibliography is necessary, and I hope to knock that out before the middle of the month (so I can spend more time actually writing my paper!).

I spent the rest of the time finishing my transcription of the verse I started transcribing yesterday.   The music I am transcribing is rhythmically complicated and there are lots of blue notes (meaning that they don't quite fit in the regular diatonic scale).  But I am pretty pleased with what I have transcribed.  Since I am dealing with two versions of the same song, tomorrow I am going to transcribe the first verse of the other version of the song and hopefully find some compelling differences.

More tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. You go girl. I'm glad you know what you're doing because it all sounds pretty complicated to me! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete