Friday, November 11, 2011

Reflections on this past week

Well, I had my scheduled session this morning, and I picked up where I left off on Wednesday morning.  Made my way through the Gs on one of my bibliographies.  Found some great, relevant stuff for my essay.

I also read one new and really interesting source I got from ILL (interlibrary loan, which I love).  Although there wasn't anything in it that pertained to my essay, it was an interesting read.

So I am a little bummed that I did not have an extended research session last night.  And actually, I didn't have any session at all.  Normally, I would use the three-hour block while Kate is at her photoshop class for my research, but instead I had a work commitment.  I did not get home until 8:30, and I didn't bring my research stuff so I basically gave up and figured I would just resume this morning, which is what I did.  That means that I have only had three sessions this week for five days, which isn't the best.  BUT I would like to remind myself that before November, I wasn't spending hardly any time at all on this project so in comparison to then, this week was great.
My next session will be on Monday, a brand new start to a brand new week.

3 comments:

  1. You need to be easy on yourself, you're doing great! And it was nice having some time with you last night, and I'm glad you got some time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you need to be easy on yourself. We ALL need time for ourselves and you are so right no by saying it is more than you had when you began! I know Aunt Ruth said she only had 6,000 words and I told her that was 6,000 more than she had! Oh wait, you probably read that on my blog. DUR. You are doing great! Great, you hear me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the attitude...you are more productive than you would have been! ALWAYS think of it in a positive light.

    ReplyDelete