Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 4, Day 1

I got an earlier start today, which was nice.  Read and took notes on three sources.  

Came across this great quotation:
"Certainly there are very real differences between us of race, age, and sex. But it is not those differences between us that are separating us. It is rather our refusal to recognize those differences, and to examine the distortions which result from our misnaming them and their effects upon human behavior and expectation." (Audre Lorde, "Age, Race, Class, and Sex: Women Redefining Difference," 1992, p. 496)
My research is going in a direction I had not anticipated, and I am enjoying the reading I have been doing.  At this point, I have just a handful of articles and books left to tackle.  I still hope to have a complete draft of my essay before the end of the month.

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the quotation. Don't you love how things take you in a direction that you didn't know was going to happen? That's what happened with my NaNo story--I'm like, what? Where's this coming from? But luckily I'm still working towards the end! I know you'll get your draft finished! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quote! Creativity reminds me of dreams how they start out one way then morph into something different. The one key difference, I think, is creativity typically morphs into something bigger and better whereas dreams don't necessarily end up better - just different. The tone of your post comes across that you are pleased where you are and where it is taking you. What a sense of accomplishment you must feel!

    ReplyDelete