Friday, November 4, 2011

This morning's session

It was kind of nice this morning to pick up where I left off last night--the ideas were still fresh in my head.  It didn't take me so long to get engaged in what I was doing.  Here's what I accomplished:
  • read and took notes on a source (now I have seven left to read)
  • put my second transcription into Finale.  I am not as happy with this transcription as I am with the other one I did.  I will need to improve it.
  • spent the rest of the time fleshing out more detail on my outline.  It seems like I am writing this paper on the outline, but it will save time to simply do it this way instead of copying all my ideas from my research journal onto note cards and then typing them.  (Sorry Sr. Sheila--may you rest in peace.  She's the nun who taught me the writing process through an elaborate and highly organized note card system.  I still use note cards for taking notes on all the sources I read.  I am glad to have the system.)
So that's it for today.  I am not sure if I will have a session this weekend or not.  Weekends are tough for me because (1) I like to have some time to relax, (2) I have several work commitments, and (3) I will have a ton of grading and lesson planning to do over the weekend, too.  I hope I am not making excuses.  It is just difficult to balance all of this stuff!

3 comments:

  1. I would say you are not making excuses considering the amount of work you seem to accomplish on the days that you are scheduling to do things. If you weren't doing things during that time, then you could probably say you were making excuses. Everyone needs to spend time for themselves and of course we all have other responsibilities, so be kind to yourself. You're doing fantastic. I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you are making excuses because you never planned to work on the weekend. And I think spending time with me is a worthwhile weekend endeavor...although I'll just be taking pictures! Proud of you, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Knowing you as well as I think I do, you are not making excuses. You have always been a highly self-disciplined goal-oriented accomplished little girl and young lady and grown woman. I cannot express how proud I am of you!

    Spending time with your creative and loving partner, Kate, is definitely necessary - not to mention fun. She keeps you balanced, I think.

    ReplyDelete