Thursday, November 3, 2011

Awesome session this evening!

I am so pumped.  I worked for an extended session this evening while Kate was at her photoshop class.  Started around 6:00 pm and just finished my session now at 9:40 pm.  Here is everything I accomplished:
  • revised my bibliography and took inventory of the sources remaining (after the one I read tonight, I now have eight sources left to read)
  • read one source and took notes
  • completed a transcription of one of the songs (the one I didn't get to yesterday)
  • took the transcription from yesterday and put it in Finale (notation software) so now it is ready to be made into examples for my paper
  • compared the two transcriptions and found just the musical evidence I was looking for to support my primary argument! yay!
  • did some crucial freewriting and thinking on several key issues (took up five pages in my research journal) and feel like I made some headway on some issues I had been struggling with
  • created a detailed outline for my paper.  This is something I had been putting off because I didn't feel I had refined my ideas well enough to actually write an outline.  (Yet, of course, as we all know, you can't write a decent argumentative paper without a plan.)  Anyhow, now I have a three-page outline and could start writing my paper at any time now.
So I am feeling pretty great about what I accomplished today.  My next session is tomorrow morning.  I'll probably tackle another of the eight remaining sources and then spend the rest of the time getting my other handwritten transcription put into Finale.

Thanks, Kate and Lynn for your ongoing support!

2 comments:

  1. You are on fire! Way to go! I'm so excited for you. And you're quite welcome. Appreciate your support as well. Woot! Woot! (that's a term in NaNoWriMo - or at least it was last year - I could be behind the times!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you shared your link, and am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete