Wednesday, March 14, 2012

mid-March update

I have not been posting often, but I have been making progress toward my research goals.  Currently, I am enjoying spring break at Macalester--no classes this week, but ample time to make some headway on my teaching prep and research projects!  This morning I am enjoying an extended research period (normally on Wednesdays I have just an hour from 8 to 9 am).  And I was inspired to make this post because I just finished all of the reading and note taking I needed to do for my latest set of revisions for an essay I would like to submit for possible publication somewhere.  I still have yet to integrate all these new ideas into the existing essay, but that will be my next step.


And some good news--my presentation proposal for the 14th International Conference of the Dutch-Flemish Society for Music Theory was accepted so I will be going to Antwerp, Belgium at the end of April to give a hands-on teaching presentation on Ear Training with Radiohead.  I am really looking forward to this opportunity.  And hopefully the feedback I get at the conference will help me with getting this project published (the paper version of this presentation is the essay I have been revising).


I plan to keep working on the essay revisions this morning and again on Friday morning.  I am not sure when I will finish with these revisions, but it is good to keep the long-term goals in mind. . . .                                         

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and WOW, Belgium! You go girl! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete