Saturday, June 2, 2012

Log for today

I know it is the weekend, and I usually try to take the weekend "off" from my creative academic pursuits, but it has been raining hard ALL DAY in New Hampshire, and I figured I would make the most of the time indoors.  Here are my totals for today:


197 minutes
6 pages of new prose and figures


That's a little over a half hour per page, which seems slow to me, but I am writing my analysis now, which includes a lot of technical details and figures that are time consuming.  Plus, I am working out my thoughts on a few aspects, too, since this is a work in progress.  Sometimes I will start to write something that I think is true, and then I listen again to the music I am writing about and question my original idea.  Anyhow, writing about music can be tedious, but it is also fun.  In what other line of work, besides DJing like my brother does, would I get to listen to such awesome pop songs all the time and have it count as work?!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you love what you are doing! Way to be flexible by taking the rainy day as an opportunity to write. I an envision you in your NH work space, rain pounding down, and your mind focused on the music and writing and analyzing. Nice!

    ReplyDelete