Friday, June 22, 2012

The past fortnight's activity

Well, well.  I guess when I said I would stop posting so often, I meant it.  I never posted last week either because my schedule was too full.  I spent a week in downtown Cincinnati grading AP music theory exams, which was a blast but also very taxing!  Then I flew back to NH just to spend two long days driving west back home to St. Paul.  We got back last night, and today was my first "normal" day back into something resembling a regular routine.  I missed writing four of the past ten working days (M-F), which is too bad, but since I was traveling, I cut myself a break.  Here's the rundown:


Mon. 6/11: 47 minutes, 2.5 handwritten pages
Tues. 6/12: 22 minutes, 2 handwritten pages
Wed. 6/13: 24 minutes, 2.5 handwritten pages
Thurs. 6/14: 18 minutes, 2 handwritten pages
Fri–Sun 6/15–6/17: nothing


Mon. 6/18: 21 minutes, 2 handwritten pages
Tues. 6/19–Thurs. 6/21: nothing
Fri. 6/22: 73 minutes total (24 freewriting, 2 handwritten pages + 49 minutes revising)


I hope that next week will be more productive and regular.  I am looking forward to Monday because I will meet with my writing circle to review a few pages of each other's writing.  

2 comments:

  1. A break in the routine is good. It can refresh and renew your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having a regular writing circle that you meet with is going to help you a lot, at least it helps me... even when I don't write anything new. Try to remember that relaxing fills the well.

    ReplyDelete