Friday, July 6, 2012

Log for the week

It has been a good week.  I took Wednesday off for Independence Day, but otherwise engaged my research project every day.  I also managed to work on my musical composition two of the four work days.  Here's the rundown:


Mon. 7/2
RESEARCH/WRITING: 49 minutes, created two phrasing charts and wrote 2 pages of prose by hand


Tues. 7/3
RESEARCH/WRITING: 71 minutes, typed 2 paragraphs of prose and created a kick-ass figure


Thurs. 7/4
COMPOSING: 56 minutes, 11 measures (or about 17 seconds of music)
RESEARCH/WRITING: 29 minutes, typed 1 new paragraph of prose, created 1 new figure, and revised a bit + 35 minutes working on sources and bibliography


Fri. 7/5 
COMPOSING: 22 minutes, finished the little movement I was working on . . . which is good, but . . . (not sure if I like it; it is quite dissonant and I am just not sure; oh well)
RESEARCH/WRITING: 40 minutes, revised 20 pages


This week's total productivity:
Minutes spent engaged in my research project: 224
Pages written: 4.5
Figures created: 2
Minutes spent writing music: 78
Compositions completed: 1

1 comment: