Monday, August 13, 2012

Since January 23 . . .

Out of curiosity, I went back through my logs and found that since January 23, I have spent:

6255 minutes writing or revising my research, and
828 minutes composing or revising new music.

That's 104 hours and fifteen minutes on research, and 13 hours and 48 minutes composing.

I saw my productivity spike in two places--(1) after I started the Tara Gray 15-minutes-per-day writing technique, and (2) after classes ended for the summer.

I think keeping a record is a very good thing.  

4 comments:

  1. How neat to track what you've done. Sometimes we accomplish so much although it doesn't always seem like it when it's done in smaller increments. Looking at the big picture with all the totals has to make you feel like the productive person you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I didn't think of keeping time as a tedious, boring act - hmmm, because I would love to figure out how much time I'm spending on actually working on my story. Maybe I just don't want to know because it's not all that much! Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping a log has helped to keep me honest about how much time I am actually spending on important, ongoing tasks. Even though I am not seeing all of the desired results I want right now, at least I know I am engaging my work on a daily M-F basis. You might try keeping a log, just as an experiment, for three weeks and see what you learn from it!

      Delete