Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Log for today

7:58 am: started research (listening to songs to find additional examples); found three more examples and incorporated them into my paper
8:42 am: switched gears to revising handout for presentation
8:54 am: stopped; handout is basically ready, but I need to adjust my "Works Cited" section because I don't know yet what works I am going to cite!


Goal for tomorrow/Friday: to begin writing my outline for the presentation.  This seems to be the next logical step.  Normally in my discipline when presentations ar given, people read a paper they have written.  I know this sounds dreadfully dull (and sometimes it is!), but I am going to be deviating from this norm at my presentation in Antwerp.  I will be giving a hands-on demonstration of teaching techniques that I discuss in my paper so it will be more like I am teaching a class than reading from a script.  Benefits: this is what I do every day for a living & hopefully it will be more engaging than reading a paper.  Limitations: no script to read & I have to make sure I can get in everything I need to in the 60 minutes I will have.  I envision working mostly from an outline, as I would when I am teaching.  I may write up nice prose to read as a means of introduction and conclusion, but I don't know yet.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, some kind of sponsor I am, have been busy crazy here - sorry, but good job. I knew you'd be doing this even if I didn't check!

    ReplyDelete