Sunday, April 8, 2012

Work log for the weekend

This will be a quick blog post to chart my progress this weekend:


Sat. 4/7
8:01 pm opened document & revised eight pages of prose
8:17 pm finished


Sat. 4/8
5:02 pm opened doc & revised eighteen pages of prose (actually got through the entire document I started revising on Thursday)
5:31 pm


Now that I have revised the prose of the entire essay, I am not quite sure what I will spend my remaining 15-minute writing sessions on each day until the rest of my research for this project is done.  I do need to revise the handout with examples for the talk I am giving at the end of the month in Belgium.  I wonder if that counts as writing?  (Part of me thinks it doesn't.)  I guess I can keep revising what I have already revised?!  It is too soon to switch gears to another project altogether (though I am eager to wrap this up and move on!)

6 comments:

  1. How productive! I think you should work on the handout since it is related to the Belgium presentation. If you are pleased with your revisions (and it looks like you certainly were thorough), I would not necessarily revise again. Maybe wait a day or two before looking it over again and then deciding if it needs more revising. How about writing a intro or byline of sorts outlining the thoughts and experiences and inspirations for the subject matter of the talk?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your suggestions & support, Mom!

      Delete
  2. I'm amazed at how much you can get done in so little time...that stuff takes me forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so much for me making you accountable. LOL. Actually I doubt you need anyone to hold you accountable, but I was waiting to hear back from you, however, I guess I should check your previous post and see if you did. I'm so bad at going back to see if someone commented on my comment. I'm lucky I make it to the blog, much less go back and look to see if there is a comment on the comment. HA. But in this case, I should. You're doing great. Wish I was as productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries--if you see my reply, great, and if not, no big deal. ( I rarely go back to see replies either. . . .) I think between you, my mom, and Kate I will be all set for accountability.

      The 15-30 minutes/day thing is really helpful for productivity. The stipulation is that, unlike morning pages or journaling, the writing time is to be spent solely and specifically on the writing project at hand (either generating new prose or revision old prose for the entire time). You might try it and be surprised!

      Thanks again for your support!

      Delete