Wednesday, May 16, 2012

a disappointment and today's log

9:18 pm picked up where I left off yesterday
10:03 pm stopped


the product of my work this evening: two new paragraphs of prose


In other news, I am little bummed because I found out that one of my essays was rejected for publication from a top-tier scholarly journal (after a six-month review process--journals in my field are so slow!).  I had really high hopes for this one, and I guess I'll be thinking about where I should resubmit it, but it was definitely a big disappointment.  Oh well.  I am going to try not to let it discourage me.

2 comments:

  1. I am really sorry about the rejection. I emailed you about it, too. A short pity party is okay, then time to revise and resubmit. Any constructive comments with the rejection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the editor was kind enough to provide several pages of constructive criticisms from the readers.

      Delete