Sunday, May 27, 2012

Settling into NH

We drove across the country and are now settled into the New Hampshire house.  I'll be here for the next three weeks, and I found the perfect spot to set up my research/writing area:




The space is located in the apartment above the garage at the New Hampshire house, and it is quiet, delightful, and absent of all distractions!  I haven't had such a place to work since I lived in Ohio.  There is plenty of natural light and windows, and I couldn't be happier.


I was going to resume my writing/revising/research sessions tomorrow, but I had time and thought I would work for just 15 minutes.  Fifteen minutes turned into 68!  Nice.  I'll actually be working a lot more than 15–30 minutes a day since I have no other responsibilities while I am here (unlike when classes are in session and I am teaching).  My plan is to work for four hours in the mornings and then play in the afternoons.  And I need to make sure at least 15 minutes of the entire time is spent revising or writing (again following Tara Gray's plan for publishing and flourishing) as opposed to non-writing activities (research, transcription, listening, reading, etc.).


And another little bit of news: I discovered today that one of my articles was cited extensively on a blog by Ethan Hein.  You can view the blog entry here: http://www.ethanhein.com/wp/2012/looping-and-stasis-in-medulla/.  After my recent publication rejection, it was reassuring to see that someone was interested enough to read something I had written and reference it. 

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to have such a perfect environment for our work! How delightful. I not only read the blog entry of Ethan Hein, but printed it out to absorb it all. How exciting! How complimentary!

    ReplyDelete