Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Log for today

I must confess that I did not have my writing session yesterday.  I let the day get away from me.  Oh well. Today is a NEW DAY.  And here's what I have done:

8:24 am got out my notecards (each idea for my paper is on its own card); labeled and ordered cards according to where they fit in my outline

Here's what my process looked like during the 9 o'clock hour:



10:23 am finished labeling and ordering my notecards

And a picture of the ordered stack of cards:



10:26 am opened document & started writing!
11:38 am typed three pages of utterly awful double-spaced prose (I love the idea of writing "shitty first drafts", thanks Anne Lamott!)

The hardest draft is the first one.


3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the pictures and the explanation for what all those damn cards were doing on the dining room table. I'm happy to see they are in a neat PILE now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. Love the pics of your work in progress and then the neat pile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Sister Sheila smiling down with pride!

    ReplyDelete