Friday, May 18, 2012

Log for yesterday and today

Looks like I never posted my progress from yesterday (but I did do the work).  So here is yesterday's log:


10:20 am opened doc
11:08 am stopped


results: typed 2.5 pages of new prose; worked for a total of 48 minutes




And today's log:


2:52 pm started some revisions on the paper that was rejected
[little pauses for coffee, etc. between 4:12–4:16, 4:23–4:29, and 5:40–5:42]
6:00 pm stopped


results: compiled reviewer's criticisms using comment features on word to remind me of everything I need to do; did many "sweeps" through the same 23-page document; worked for a total of 2 hours, 56 minutes (or 176 minutes, if you are counting in that way).  


It sure felt like I was working on this a lot longer than I did.  I guess I had been thinking about the sorts of revisions I needed to do ever since I read the anonymous reviewers' comment sheets.  At any rate, for various important reasons related to my upcoming pre-tenure review, it will be in my best interest to revise this paper as quickly as possible and send it off to a different journal for review.  My self-imposed deadline is to send off the revised paper to a different journal by this Thursday (when we will be leaving for our vacation in New Hampshire).

2 comments:

  1. Ah, lots of postitive progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I've been working! Ack, I like being a princess better, but I'm helping out Norm. I'm not going to be too good at being your sponsor, but I see you have others who are holding your accountable, plus I know you will hold yourself accountable. I'll be back in the picture around mid-June. Love you.

    ReplyDelete